Requirements for obtaining a Single Status Certificate for non-TRNC citizens:
1- ‘Certificate of no Impediment’ obtained from the local registry office or ‘Statutory Declaration’ obtained from a solicitor or notary public and its Turkish translation by a certified translator
3- Full size Original Birth Certificate (with parents’ name) and its Turkish translation by a certified translator
4- If divorced, a Decree Absolute certified by a solicitor and its Turkish translation by a certified translator
5- If there is a previous spouse who has passed away, death certificate and its Turkish translation by a certified translator
6- Two witnesses with their passports to attend in person with applicant at the TRNC London Representative Office
Requirements for obtaining Single Status Certificate for TRNC citizens
1-All the requirements as detailed above and
2-TRNC Identity Card
- The Single Status Certificate is valid for three months only from the date of issue.
- If one is unable to attend in person they have the following options:
(1) By post: A Declaration of Status Application Form, which can be obtained from the Consular section, needs to be filled out. Then the form with all the documents mentioned above need to be certified by a Notary Public or Solicitor. (Postal order-payable to KKTC Consolidate Fund-payments only via this method.
(2) On behalf of: A Proxy can be appointed by the applicant. In this case, only a Statutory Declaration is accepted and it is imperative that the Statutory Declaration authorizes the proxy to act on behalf of the applicant. With all the original documents mentioned above, the proxy is also required to bring their passport. Two witnesses with their passports to attend in person with the proxy at the TRNC London Representative Office.
- Single Status Certificate will be issued and given day after of application.